For starters, building and maintaining muscle can be hard, especially when we’re being pulled in several directions from the vegan movement and outdated nutrition protocols, or some fad diet promoted from a minor social media celebrity.
So, who do we believe when it comes to muscle building nutrition?… the paleo warriors, the keto crew, or the high carb dieters?
Without question, we need protein to be healthy and rebuild our muscles. However, research now shows that rice protein can deliver better muscle building and fat loss potential than whey protein.
To highlight this point, the main muscle-building amino acid is l-leucine, which can be found in high quantities within rice protein.
When l-leucine is sourced from organic brown rice protein (like PL Rice Protein), you’ll receive more of this anabolic amino acid directly into your muscles compared to your standard whey protein supplement.
Therefore, it’s clear to see that sports nutrition is becoming more advanced year-on-year, and with it, the supplements that are being created. That’s where Performance Lab Protein comes in.
Continue reading to learn more…
What is Performance Lab Rice Protein?
Performance Lab Rice protein is a ‘state of the art’ vegan, organic brown rice sports supplement that enhances recovery, muscle repair, and energy – compared to a standard protein supplement.
Last but not least, this protein supplement is free from harmful chemicals that might otherwise be associated with another vegan, or whey protein manufacturing.
Performance Lab Rice Protein Benefits
- Highly bioavailable – Due to the organic ingredients and the added probiotics, this protein powder provides high absorption rates and bioavailability.
- Improved body composition – Rice protein helps to create faster body composition changes than its whey protein counterpart.
- Enhanced amino acid delivery – L-leucine is delivered up to 30% greater in rice protein than whey protein.
- Balanced absorption rates – The absorption rates of brown rice protein fall between a whey protein isolate and a casein protein. This helps to control hunger, leading to fat loss in the long-term.
- Completely organic – All of the ingredients have been certified organic by the USDA.
- Good for the environment – Organic brown rice protein is good for the environment as it only contains one ingredient, along with a simple manufacturing process. Unlike whey, which requires tonnes of raw material to be converted into a final product, using up our natural resources.
- Hypoallergenic – Organic brown rice protein is less likely to cause allergies that might otherwise be associated with dairy whey protein. Dairy can cause a runny nose, inflammation, brain fog, and general digestive issues.
What Makes Performance Lab Brown Rice Protein Different?
The supplement company behind Performance Lab Protein (Opti-Nutra) are leading the way in producing state of the art performance-enhancing sports supplements. Let me example how…
“This whle food organic rice protein supplement delivers l-leucine up to 30% greater than whey protein.
Furthermore, the absorbtion rates are between a whey protein and a casein protein. this means that it will keep you feeling comfortabley full, witghout the side effects accociated with dairy protein.
To highlight this point; dairy protein supplements contain lactose, which causes a spike in insulin (responsible for weight gain).
Not only that, but dairy also cause upset the stomach acid lining, causing gastric distress and a reduction in the absorption of nutrients.
The main ingredient first on the list is Oryzatein®. This is the worlds first certified organic brown rice protein source. It’s been shown to provide better amino acid delivery than its whey protein counter-part. (III)
Furthermore, Oryzatein® doesn’t produce inflammation, nor does it contains allergens or harmful chemicals that are often associated with whey protein supplements. And finally, it’s more bioavailable than dairy.
Having improved bioavailability means this protein supplement can be absorbed at a faster rate. Leading to enhanced recovery and performance during exercise.
Apart from Oryzatein® being highly bioavailable on its own, inside Performance Lab Protein there are probiotics which enhance the health and digestion efficiency of your gut.
As for the other ingredients that make up this supplement, you’ll find cocoa, guar, yacon, coconut, probiotic (bacillus coagulans) cinnamon, vanilla, Himalayan pink salt, monk fruit, and stevia – all of which are organic.
Inside Performance Lab Organic Brown Rice Protein you’ll find the following:
- 100 calories per serving
- 20 servings per 600g tub
- 20g of protein per 30g serving
- 2g of carbohydrates per serving
- 23mg of Sodium (from Himilayan pink Salt)
- Vitamins A, C and D – Provides antioxidant properties, helping the body to recover faster after exercise. Along with hormonal support and improved calcium absorption.
- Calcium – Helps to create strong bones and ligaments.
- Iron – Improves blood, oxygen, and nutrient delivery around the body.
- Phosphorus – Increases energy supply, detoxifies the kidneys and heals tissues.
- Magnesium – Metabolises foods into energy, relaxes the central nervous system, and some other 300 enzyme systems in the body.
- Manganese – Helps to create strong bones whilst reducing inflammation.
- Potassium (from organic coconut) – Refuels plasma K+ after exercise, whilst increasing blood flow and nutrient delivery into your muscles.
Performance Lab Protein is suitable for vegans, it contains no soy, egg, fish, shellfish, dairy or wheat.
It’s also non-GMO and non-irritated. It’s free of gluten, synthetic additives, artificial colours, preservatives and banned substances, and no added caffeine – (contains tree nuts – coconut).
Cost and Value For Money?
Each 600g tub (20 servings) costs $50, £40. I consider this to be excellent value for money when you consider the advanced manufacturing that’s gone into this protein powder.
It’s organic, the vitamins and minerals have been lab-grown to mirror what nature provides, and it absorbs better than whey protein. Need I say more?
Where to Buy?
You can buy Performance Lab Rice Protein on their website https://www.performancelab.com/products/protein
Buying direct from their website prevents counterfeit products from being produced and sold on third party websites such as Amazon or eBay. Avoid these at all costs when buying Performance Lab supplements.
Almost immediately I felt a difference. Before my morning workout, I used 2 scoops (20g protein) and headed to the gym. I started off with a 10 minute warm-up as usual which consisted of running at a steady pace.
Once I warmed up, I headed over to the heavy bag. The first noticed I wasn’t sluggish, I felt light on my feet and with more energy. I can put this down to the easy digestion of the organic rice, and it being hypoallergenic.
After 6 intense rounds of boxing, I felt I could go longer, so I did. After spending another hour in the gym working on my core, cardio and stretching, I thought to myself “don’t overdo it”. That’s when I headed home, but with more in the tank to carry on.
Once home, I had another serving of Performance Lab Brown Rice Protein Powder. At this point, I can say that my energy sustained and my hunger subsided throughout the day. Most often when using a whey protein, this isn’t the case. I’d soon feel hungry and tired.
After several weeks using this ‘state of the art’ organic protein supplement, I can honestly say that my recovery has improved. I look leaner, my muscles recover much quicker, and I can spend longer in the gym without feeling as tired. I can even say I feel more mentally awake.
Sport Nutrition Expert Recommendation?
I highly recommend Performance Lab Rice Protein Powder to anyone who’s serious about their health, performance, and recovery.
The ingredients inside this supplement are ‘state of the art’. They’ve been created in such a way that enables your body to absorb more of its nutrients in an intelligent and efficient way.
From better l-leucine absorption (30% greater than whey) to enhanced timed release of the supplement itself, which creates fullness without any stomach discomfort – I can say that I’m impressed.
In my own personal experience, I feel great using this rice protein powder! My recovery has increased, I feel a boost in energy, and overall, my digestion has improved significantly.
With all of my years using supplements (and it’s been many) I’ve never come across such an advanced and forward-thinking supplement manufacture as Opti-Nutra.
It’s clear to see the supplement company behind Performance Lab Protein care a lot about enhancing human performance and recovery. Overall, it’s a big thumbs up from me!
Use this link to find deals on their website – visit Performance Lab Protein.